Thursday, October 21, 2004

Hello!

Well, I'll be tickled pink. I have to admit that I've been a slow learner as far as this whole "internet" thing is concerned. I just recently got a Dell after a few years of having an e-mail account down at the public library. I love this computer, and the best part is that I was able to get it as a part of my workman's comp settlement, so I didn't pay a dime!

You've probably been wondering just what the heck I've been doing the last few decades. Well, the sad fact is that there hasn't been much call for a Composite Superman since the Crisis. I remember very well showing up for those last gigs at the DC offices. (I was in a few of those multi-character panels throughout the series. ) There was something of a melancholy mood throughout the shoot, because many of us knew very well that this would probably be our last gig with DC outside of reprints. Sure enough, there was no room for a Composite Superman in a post-Crisis world. I stopped waiting for "the call" a long time ago.

And before you ask, yes, I saw that Superman/Batman story, and no, I didn't get any money for the likeness. But it was very cool to see that I wasn't totally forgotten.

Anyway, I'll be blogging in the coming days about how the recent CS action figure came to be, how glad I am to have rediscovered my fanbase, and about the long years in between. I'll also be writing about my long struggle with my gender identity, and how I finally found the courage to come "out of the closet", and how I was embraced by the GLBT community. Being a monstrously powerful composite being with anamolous physical characteristics made my sexual awakening especially painful, and hopefully my story will be of some inspiration.

Thanks for coming!

2 Comments:

Blogger Composite Jimmy Olson said...

Hey Compy! Glad to see you up and about on the Web. We've missed you, man. Looking forward to reading your thoughts. The Internet needs more commentators who are of two minds about everything.

But the big question we are all wondering is, when are you going to team up with Two-Face? That's would be twice as much fun!

Yer pal,
Composite Jimmy Olson

October 22, 2004 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Gordon said...

Dear Mr. Composite Superman,

I remember very well one of the first comics that I bought had you on the cover, and you are one of my favorite characters.

I was wondering when you will next be appearing, so I can buy several thousand copies - mostly to put in plastic baggies, but at least one to read.

Thanks,
Gordon

October 22, 2004 at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home